All Hallows was founded in 1861. The school was the first permanent home of the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland, and is the oldest surviving secondary school. The School began a small House of Mercy at a site adjacent to Saint Stephen's Cathedral, and then the Convent obtained on Duncan’s Hill around 1889 -- Adderton House, constructed in 1858 by John Petrie for George Fullerton.
Geographic Description 1:
Inside The Green Belt
Geographic Description 2:
Brisbane River; York's Hollow
Geographic Description 3:
Flood Plains; High River Banks (still floods); Wide Valley between Ridgelines (St Pauls Tce and [further west] Geogory Tce, and [to east] area around McLachalan Street and Bowen Tce)
All Hallows' School, Brisbane" [https://web.archive.org/web/20070829052634/http://msea.mercy.org.au/resources/mercy/all_hallows_school.html]. Australasian Mercy Secondary Schools Association. Archived from the original (http://msea.mercy.org.au/resources/mercy/all_hallows_school.html) on 29 August 2007. Retrieved 8 September 2007.
"The All Hallows' Story" (https://web.archive.org/web/20110407114432/http://www.allhallows.qld.edu.au/prospectus/history/school_history.asp); Allhallows.qld.edu.au. Archived from the original (http://www.allhallows.qld.edu.au/prospectus/history/school_history.asp) on 7 April 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
Mahoney, Jean-Marie, Dieu et Devoir: the Story of All Hallows' School, Brisbane, 1861-1981, Boolarong Publications, Brisbane, 1985.
All Hallows' Main Building at Duncan Hill, c. 1889. Photographer: A. Lomer & Co. Archive: John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland. [https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=12672170]