Brisbane Grammar School was established in 1868 under the Grammar Schools Act (1860). The School was relocated to the Gregory Terrace site in 1881, and had been on the Roma Street site, since 1868. The leading Principals were Reginald Heber Roe (1876-1909); Stuart Stephenson (1928-1939) and George Carson Cooling (1940-1947).
Geographic Description 1:
Inside The Green Belt
Geographic Description 2:
Geographic Description 3:
Hills (Large); Not Prone to Flooding but with low-lying valley area
Brisbane Grammar School – Grammar History [http://www.brisbanegrammar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=10] Archived 21 August 2011.
Fitzgerald, Ross; Megarrity, Lyndon; Symons, David. Made in Queensland : a New History, Special Q150 commemorative edition, University of Queensland Press, St Lucia, Qld, 2009.
Penrose, Helen. Light Dark Blue: 150 Years of Learning and Leadership at Brisbane Grammar School, Brisbane Grammar School, Brisbane, Qld, 2019.
Priest, Joan. From Balliol College to Brisbane Grammar: Reginald Roe, Headmaster B.G.S. 1876-1909, Charles Roe, Yeronga, Qld, 1993.
Stephenson, Stuart. Annals of the Brisbane Grammar School 1869-1922, Anthony James Cumming, Government Printer, Brisbane, 1923.
Willey, Keith. The First Hundred Years: the Story of Brisbane Grammar School, 1868-1968, Brisbane Grammar School, Macmillan of Australia, Melbourne, 1968.
The new school on Gregory Terrace, 1889. Archive: State Library of Queensland [https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=37100681]