The Brisbane Kindergarten Teachers' College opened on 5 April 1965 on this site. The college originally opened in 1911 under the direction of the Creche and Kindergarten Association that started in 1907. Temporary sites around Brisbane were used as the college until the house “Wauna”, close-by in Victoria Park, was adopted in 1920 (purchased in 1923).
Geographic Description 1: Inside The Green Belt
Geographic Description 2: Breakfast Creek; York's Hollow
Geographic Description 3: Flood Gullies; Hills; Ridgeline (Kelvin Grove, Winsdor, and Herston Roads); Valleys
Kowald, Margaret. with Val Donovan, Ruth Kerr, Kay Cohen, Lyndsay Smith, and Jean Stewart. Lost Brisbane and Surrounding Areas: The Later Years. Volume 2. RHSQ. 2016 page 233
Brisbane Kindergarten Teachers' College, [?] Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, 1966. SLQ 6523-0001-0007. Lost Brisbane. Volume 2. RHSQ. 2016 page 233