Boggo Junction Hotel

Stage Number: MBSH.02.02.04

Group: Southern

Local Study Area: Fairfield-Annerley

Epoch: Late 19th Century

Street Address: 445 Annerley Road

Latitude & Longitude: -27.509275,153.03258611

Time Link: 1866

Map Link: 1865

Image Time Point: 1865

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


The Junction Hotel was licenced in 1866. The Junction served as the outlying southern gateway into Brisbane, and thus an important resting stop. Although the details are sketchy we know that fire had destroyed the earlier hotel building, and was replaced another wooden hotel. A third hotel building was erected on the site in 1887 by John Neil who also owned a quarry in Weller Hills. The stones from the quarry were used in the construction of the hotel. Neil had a small cottage adjutant. On the hotel corner was also a blacksmith, saddler, wheelwright, and butchers.


Erica Ferroff (Edited). 1988. A Century of Achievement. A History of the Centenary Committee of the Junction Park State School. Junction Park State School and the Annerley District. The Centenary Committee of the Junction Park State School. pp. 10-11.

Image Citations

Map References

QSA. QSA Series ID 2043 City of Brisbane and Suburbs Maps – A1A Series. 1 chain to the inch. Plan of subdivision of section 30 City of Brisbane. 1 chain to an inch. Surveyor General’s Office, Brisbane.(quarter-size). 634488