Brisbane Golf Club House

Stage Number: MBSH.02.06.03

Group: Southern

Local Study Area: Rocklea-Yeerongpilly-Moorooka

Epoch: Early 20th Century

Street Address: 70 Tennyson Memorial Drive, Yeerongpilly

Latitude & Longitude: -27.527525,153.00871111

Time Link: 1910

Map Link: 1911

Image Time Point: 1911

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


Built 1910. In 1896, 11 City businessmen lobbied the colonial governor for a golf course. Brisbane Golf Club opened its Chelmer range in 1896. In 1902, the Club bought 100 acres to relocate to Yerongpilly. This Club House was sold as a private residence at corner of Hurlton St. The Club opened with a new clubhouse but this burnt down in 1909. A third clubhouse was built in 1910. It holds the oldest (1912) Honour Board for the President’s Cup ladies event. In World War II (1939-45), the course hosted varied charity events. Club land was resumed in 1943 for Fairfield Rd extension. The grounds were damaged in the 1974 Floods and the 2011 Flood. The Club often hosts the ‘Queensland Open’ event.


To be Updated

Image Citations

Map References

MLMS. 40 chain AG2 series 1887–1932—Moreton district. 40 chains to 1 inch. Moreton 40 Chain map AG2 series sheet 2 west. AG2