Kingshome Rehabilitation Centre

Stage Number: MBNH.07.02.90

Group: Western

Local Study Area: Toowong-St Lucia-Indooroopilly

Epoch: Late 20th Century

Street Address: Swann Road, Taringa

Latitude & Longitude: -27.49766667,152.98594444

Time Link: 1953

Map Link: 1954

Image Time Point: 1954

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


The Kingshome Rehabilitation Centre was opened in 1953, operated by the Returned Soldiers, Sailors & Airmen Imperial League of Australia (RSSAILA; and after 1965, the Returned and Services League of Australia, RSL). The facility included medical services, occupational and physical therapy, and craft workshops, for both residents and day patients. Formerly the site was the Memorial Home for Aged Soldiers. The hostel was renamed Kingshome Soldiers Home in 1937. The Centre closed in the 1990s.


Kowald, Margaret. with Val Donovan, Ruth Kerr, Kay Cohen, Lyndsay Smith, and Jean Stewart. Lost Brisbane and Surrounding Areas: The Later Years. Volume 2. RHSQ. 2016 page 129

Image Citations

Map References

QSA. QSA Series ID 2058 Moreton District Maps – A Series. 6 miles to the inch. Moreton District. 6 miles to the inch. Survey Office, Brisbane. 634907