Lang Park (Suncorp Stadium)

Stage Number: MBNH.07.03.11

Group: Western

Local Study Area: Bardon-Red Hill-Milton-Kelvin Grove

Epoch: Late 20th Century

Street Address: Castlemaine Street, Milton

Latitude & Longitude: -27.46483333,153.00955556

Time Link: 1950

Map Link: 1951

Image Time Point: 1951

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


Lang Park opened in 1914. It was originally the site of the North Brisbane Burial Grounds until 1875. In its early days the park was very diverse in its sporting use, including cycling, athletics and soccer. In 1950 the Lang Park Police Citizens Youth club commenced on the site boxing, wrestling, basketball, and gymnastics. The connection with rugby only began in the 1960s with interstate and international matches.


Kowald, Margaret. with Val Donovan, Ruth Kerr, Kay Cohen, Lyndsay Smith, and Jean Stewart. Lost Brisbane and Surrounding Areas: The Later Years. Volume 2. RHSQ. 2016 pages 21, 270-271

Image Citations

Map References

BCA. BCA Series ID 1044, Town Plan, Land Use Survey Maps including 8 chain key maps, 1927 – 1951. 4 chains to the inch. 23. Bardon-Paddington-Milton. 1044