Further research is underway.
Northgate-Virginia School of Arts was built in 1921-22. The post-WWI spred of some housing, in Northgate East, through developments such as the 'Railway Estate', saw a rise in the area's population with a need for community facilities. A Northgate-Virginia School of Arts was constructed on a hillside site in Ridge Street, in the centre of Northgate's then urban concentration by 1922. This school of arts provided library facilities, meeting rooms and a hall for community functions. Built in the popular interwar Californian Bungalo style, the hall became the responsibility of the newly created Greater Brisbane City Council in 1925. Renamed the ' Northgate Conununity Centre', it has served Northgate as the Northgate-Nundah R.S.L. offices, a local dance academy and as a polling booth.
Brisbane City Council, Heritage Register
Northgate - Virginia School of Arts Building, Accession number: 90-3-19. State Library of Queensland