Sunnybank RSL Sub-Branch

Stage Number: MBSH.02.10.41

Group: Southern

Local Study Area: Sunnybank-Banoon

Epoch: Late 20th Century

Street Address: 19 Gager Street

Latitude & Longitude: -27.57764722,153.05703611

Time Link: 1963

Map Link: 1964

Image Time Point: 1964

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


On 13 June 1963 the first general meeting of the Sunnybank RSL Sub-Branch was held and celebrated the use of their new Sunnybank RSL Hall in Gager Street. The hall was officially opened on 9 November 1963. The 40 perches of land had been in the RSL’s ownership since 13 May 1947. The hall has been a venue for many local organisations over the years, including the Fearn Jackson School of Dancing, the Sunnybank Indoor Bowls Club and the Sunnybank Horticultural Society. In 1984 a Monument to all Servicemen from all wars was erected in the grounds.


Paddocks to Pavements: Railway Centenary, Sunnybank 1885-1985. S.S.H.S. P&C Assoc. 1985. pp. 91-92; Sunnybank Sub Branch Returned Services League, an article written by J. Pentland for Australia Remembers at 50th Anniversary Luncheon, Sunnybank RSL, 16 July 1995.

Image Citations

Map References

QSA. QSA Series 1748 Moreton District, County of Stanley Maps – A1 Series. 4 chains to the inch. Town of Sunnybank, Parish of Yeerongpilly. 4 chains to the inch. Survey Office, Brisbane.. 620252