Sunnybank Scout Den

Stage Number: MBSH.02.10.42

Group: Southern

Local Study Area: Sunnybank-Banoon

Epoch: Late 20th Century

Street Address: 3 Dixon Street

Latitude & Longitude: -27.57994722,153.05694722

Time Link: 1956

Map Link: 1955

Image Time Point: 1955

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


The Sunnybank Scout Troop was formed in around 1956, although not officially registered until 22 July 1975. In 1958 Queensland Railway land running along Dixon Street was leased to the Scouts for annuity of £ 2, and a building from Victoria Barracks was relocated to the site. A Cub Pack was formed in 1959, and by 1965 the Sunnybank Scouts had reached the numbers of 14 cubs, 28 scouts one senior scout and five scout leaders. A second building was relocated to the site in 1970, this time from the Enoggera Military Barracks. In 1975 a second Scout Troop was added. At the time the first troop had total of 103 boys and the second troop had 109 boys. A third troop was formed in 1978. The Sunnybank Scout Den was relocated to the Scout Association’s property at Mt Cotton in 1991. A new meeting place on Granadilla Street was ready for use in 1990.


Paddocks to Pavements: Railway Centenary, Sunnybank 1885-1985. S.S.H.S. P&C Assoc. 1985. pp. 94-95.

Image Citations

Map References

Qimagery. Beenleigh 1955. Scale: 1:23,900.