Cadogan House'

Stage Number: MBNH.11.03.25

Group: Northern

Local Study Area: Chermside-Wavell Heights-Kedron-Nundah

Epoch: Early 20th Century

Street Address: 1382 Sandgate Rd, Nundah

Latitude & Longitude: -27.39844444,153.05877778

Time Link: 1933

Map Link: 1934

Image Time Point: 1934

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


Cadogan House’ was built in 1933. It became a suburban, private hospital, Nundah Private Hospital. and was extended in 1937. The Courier Mail of 15 December 1933 reported that a new hospital at Nundah was opened, and its design and equipment were ‘the most modern’. The building is two-storeyed, the ground floor constructed in brick and the upper floor has a timber frame with a roughcast exterior and the roof has terracotta tiles. The hospital was sold in June 1965 to paediatrician Dr Newton Chalk, and on 13 November 1965, following renovations, the building was re-opened as a medical centre and named Cadogan House. The name ‘Cadogan’ was chosen to honour William Cadogan, a pioneers of Paediatrics. Now Medical Chambers housing a variety of medical practices.


Brisbane City Council, Heritage Register Summary, ; From Pioneering Days—Nundah Northgate Virginia. Nundah & Districts Historical Society

Image Citations

Map References

QSA. QSA Series ID 2058 Moreton District Maps – A Series. 4 miles to the inch. Moreton District. 4miles to the inch. Survey Office, Brisbane. 634883