Brisbane Boys’ College

<< Back To Map

Share

Name: Brisbane Boys’ College

Group: Educational College (Secondary)

Type: Institutional Location

Years at Location: 192?-Current

<< Back To Map

Brisbane Boys' College was established in 1902 in Clayfield by Arthur Rudd (founding Principal 1902-1930). In 1912, the school moved to a new location on the corner of Bayview Terrace, Clayfield. By 1908, there were 80 students. In 1918 it was put into the ownership of the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association, and was relocated to the Toowong site, the former home of the daughters of the late Premier of Queensland, Sir Robert Philp.

Impact on Brisbane Society

Further research is underway

Citations

"Our story" (http://www.bbc.qld.edu.au/our-story/our-story-page-iii). Brisbane Boys College. Archived [https://web.archive.org/web/20180305202734/http://www.bbc.qld.edu.au/our-story/our-story-page-iii] from the original on 5 March 2018. Retrieved 5 March 2018.

Quirke, Noel. Gentlemen of Honour: a History of Brisbane Boys College, 1902-2002, Brisbane Boys College, Toowong, Qld, 2001.

Image Citations

Main Building Brisbane Boys' College. Photographer: Kgbo [https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=37106973]

Back To Map