Coorparoo School of Arts 

<< Back To Map

Share

Name: Coorparoo School of Arts 

Group: School of Arts

Type: Institutional Location

Years at Location: 1892-Ceased?

<< Back To Map

The Coorparoo School of Arts was opened in 1892 for the Coorparoo Shire Council. It existed, as was the original intension of the Councillors (1892), as a Shire Hall. It became the RSL Memorial Hall in the 1930s [?]. How much the facility really acted as a ‘School of Arts’ is uncertain, and further research will hopefully reveal. Nevertheless, local residents had organised a School of Arts Committee around 1925. In 1928, the Trustees of the School of Arts contracted to pay the Greater Brisbane City Council £1000 for the use of the building.

Impact on Brisbane Society

Further research is underway

Citations

Further research is underway

Image Citations

Coorparoo School of Arts. Photographer: Shiftchange [https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=37785863]

Back To Map