Windsor School of Arts
Name: Windsor School of Arts
Group: School of Arts
Type: Institutional Location
Years at Location: 1911-Ceased?
The Windsor Council Chambers was built 1896/97 and opened cMarch 1897. The building was constructed with porphyry (Brisbane Tuff) stone, mined from the site.The Council was originally a Shire Council and 1904 became a Town Council. In 1925 Windsor Town was amalgamated into the Greater Brisbane area. William Jolly, a Mayor of Windsor became the first Mayor of Greater Brisbane
Impact on Brisbane Society
Further research is underway.
David Teague, Windsor Council Chambers 1897-1997 Published by the Windsor and Districts Historical Society 1997
Windsor School of Arts, Windsor, Queensland. Photographer: orderinchaos [https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Windsor_School_of_Arts_2.jpg]