In 1918, due to these financial struggles, the School with the Principals were transferred to the ownership of the newly formed Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association. In 1920 the school moved from Wickham Terrace to its current site on Mater Hill, in South Brisbane, opening with an enrolment of 225 pupils. The boarding-school occupied ‘Cumbooquepa’, former home of Thomas Blacket Stephens and his son William Stephens. In 1919 the school's name was changed to Somerville House, in recognition of the work of Mary Somerville (1780–1872), the Scottish scientist and mathematician. During the occupation of the South Brisbane site by the Australian Military Forces, and later, as Base Section Three Headquarters of the United States Army, East Asian Command, the School was temporarily relocated and divided. Pupils from north of the Brisbane River were transferred to Raymont Lodge, at Auchenflower, while those from the south went to the former Queen Alexandra Home, Coorparoo; boarding students were sent to Moiomindah at Stanthorpe, which became the school's administrative centre. The School reassembled back at South Brisbane in January 1945. Geographic Description 1: Inside The Green Belt Geographic Description 2: Brisbane River Geographic Description 3: Flood Plains; Hills; Ridgeline (Slopes off)
Freeman, Phyllis G. History of Somerville House (The Brisbane High School for Girls) 1899-1949. W.R. Smith & Paterson, The Valley, Qld, 1949. [with a foreword by E.N. Merrington]
Hall, Noeline. A Legacy of Honour: the Centenary History of Somerville House, Boolarong Press, Moorooka, Qld, 1999.
Unnamed. The Brisbane High School for Girls: Somerville House South Brisbane, The School, Brisbane Qld, 1920.