Padua College (Kedron)

Padua College (Kedron)

Name: Padua College (Kedron)

Time: 1956 - Current

Epoch: Late 20th Century

Category: Catholic Combined College

Institution Category: Education

Institution Group: Combined Levels

Coordinates: -27.4074185, 153.0241231

Street Address: 80 Turner Road, PO Box 111, Kedron QLD 4031

Suburb: Kedron

Sector: Independent \'Catholic\'

Local Study Area: Chermside-Wavell Heights-Kedron-Nundah

Study Stage: MBNH Stage 11 Local Study Areas

Suggest An Edit
Back
Padua College began in 1956 by friars of the Kedron parish, at the request of the Franciscan Sisters who ran the parish primary school of St Anthony. The name derives from Franciscan friar Saint Anthony of Padua (1195-1231), appointed by St Francis as the first professor of theology for the friars. The first Rector was Father Damian Nolan. Geographic Description 1: Outside The Green Belt Geographic Description 2: Kedron Brook Geographic Description 3: Flood Gullies; Hills

Citations

Padua College [http://www.padua.qld.edu.au] Retrieved on 7 June 2019

Boyd-Boland, John. On a Cragged Hill: Padua College 1956-2006, the College, Kedron, Qld, 2006.

Image Citations

The Franciscan Friars took possession of Kedron parish on the evening of 12th June 1929. Kedron's Little Flower Church. St Therese & St Anthony Parish. [https://www.kedroncatholicparish.org.au/index.php/about/history]