Brett's Wharf

Stage Number: MBNH.10.01.14

Group: Old Town & River

Local Study Area: Clayfield-Albion-Hamilton

Epoch: Early 20th Century

Street Address: Eagle Farm Road, Hamiliton

Latitude & Longitude: -27.43966667,153.06477778

Time Link: 1928

Map Link: 1929

Image Time Point: 1929

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


Brett’s Wharves and Stevedoring Co. Ltd. opened in 1928 as the part of the hardware business of James and Bert Brett. The facility was the site of the disembarkation of 6,000 United States Army troops in 1942, as well the disembarkation of the 2-15th AIF battalion in 1945. The wharf’s operations closed in the 1980s.


Kowald, Margaret. with Val Donovan, Ruth Kerr, Kay Cohen, Lyndsay Smith, and Jean Stewart. Lost Brisbane and Surrounding Areas: The Later Years. Volume 2. RHSQ. 2016 page 99

Image Citations

Map References

QSA. QSA Series 1690 Civic Survey of the City of Brisbane – AIAG2 Series. 4 chains to the inch. City of Brisbane, civic survey maps. Sheet 24, 4 chains to an inch. annotated with details of sales. 618944