Yeronga Bowls Club

Stage Number: MBSH.02.03.06

Group: Southern

Local Study Area: Yeronga

Epoch: Early 20th Century

Street Address: 11 Querrin St, Yeronga

Latitude & Longitude: -27.52,153.01677778

Time Link: 1914

Map Link: 1915

Image Time Point: 1915

Suggest An Edit
View Your Faviourties


Formed on 25 March 1912 as the Yeronga Bowling Club, it bought this 180 perch site for 120 pounds. The first green opened on 12 July 1913. A small clubhouse was dedicated on 12 July 1915. It has been enlarged to meet an increasing membership. This building was relocated to its present site in 1936 and was renamed a pavillion, when opened by Premier Forgan-Smith on 12 December. The H.A. Manahan drinking fountain was unveiled on 29 August 1942. It became the Yeronga Bowls Club in 1958. Decorative entrance gates were added in 1969, Declining membership and development pressure saw this 100+ year old club wanting to sell-off a green in 2016.


Yeronga Bowls – A Little History,

Image Citations

Map References

MLMS. 2 mile AG1 series 1906–1915—Moreton district. 2 Mile to the inch. Moreton 2 Mile map AG1 series sheet 2. AG1